Sunday, October 4, 2009

Smore's Indoors

A few weeks ago my sister-in-law came down from Arizona with my nephew, her sister and her sister 2 kids. While they were here we all went up to Mancos and went "camping". Just so you know my family doesn't camp. We go stay at a family cabin in Mancos and call it camping.  We had a blast. We went fishing, and played cards and just relaxed for the weekend it was great. Well one night we roasted marshmallows, and had smores. I think those were the BEST smores I have ever had. I don't know why I thought they tasted to good but they were DELICIOUS! So for the past couple weeks I have been craving smores. So today I was bored so I figured what the heck. I got out the marshmallows, the chocolate and the graham crackers. The marshmallow bag had a recipe for smores indoors but you just put everything in the microwave and I thought whats the fun in that. So I got out the BBQ skewers and roasted my marshmallows on the stove, you know to get the nice and golden look. So long story short(ish) I made my smores. They weren't as good as the ones I made when we were camping but they were still good. 



P.S if you decide to make smores indoors, I don't recommend putting them in the microwave it makes the marshmallows chewy and nasty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment