Wow! I didn't realize that it has been 2 whole months since I posted anything. I can't even think of a good excuse for why. I guess I have just been lazy. I guess this post will just be a recap of what has happened in the past 2 months. Lets see.... First... Matt left for his mission on March 13th... It was a happy /sad day. I am super proud of him, but I miss him A LOT. He has been out for 2 months now and he left the MTC yesterday morning and arrived in Argentina this morning. Only 22 more months!
After Matt left, my mom and I ventured to Dallas for spring break. We decided to drive the 13 hour drive. The night before we were supposed to leave it decided to snow. We figured it would be safer to wait a few hours before we left so that the sun would have time to melt the snow before we headed out. It was a great idea, except that we were stopped on the freeway for about 30 min total and had to travel with tons of traffic. It took us about 8 hours just to make it to Amarillo which is supposed to be half way. Long story short our 13 hour drive turned into a 15 hour drive with the last 2 hours driving in a blizzard. I will admit, I did a happy dance when we finally made it to my sister's house.
While we were in Dallas we shopped till we dropped, went to the zoo, watched movies, played dress up, blew bubbles, shopped some more, and had TONS of fun!
It was hard to leave Dallas. But only a few more weeks until Taytum is here and the real fun begins!
After spring break school began to finally wind down. Sadly I missed the deadline for the student show because I randomly got the flu and the doctor told me that I could not go anywhere. It was OK though because Christi at work loved my picture so I gave it to her. After the student show we started work on our final portfolio. This was mine.
My theme was texture.
Then I did an anticipation photo
and a juxtaposition photo. (just a warning this photo is pretty graphic).
(Yes those are pickles.... in the toilet)
Of course all the pictures were edited beautifully but I didn't put the edited ones on my jump drive. So you are stuck with the not so pretty un-edited ones. I was very proud of my final portfolio, and I think my teacher liked it too.
Another exciting thing that has happened since my last post is.... my little brother got his mission call! He is going to Curitiba Brazil! He reports to the Brazil MTC on September 15. He will be speaking Portuguese and could not be more excited about it.
I think that pretty much sums up the past two months. Not much has happened but hopefully more exciting stuff is to come this summer. I promise to keep you more updated.
No comments:
Post a Comment